Ski holiday in South Tyrol A first class winter holiday in Vallarga
Do you want to spend your winter holiday in South Tyrol? It is definitely a great choice, because South Tyrol is ideal for all ski fans and anyone trying to emulate one.
Our guesthouse in Vallarga at the entrance to the South Tyrolean Puster Valley offers an ideal location:
- The ski bus is free of charge and brings you within minutes to the family-friendly Ski region of Gitschberg, the Joch Valley ski region with more than 55 well-prepared pistes. Highlights include Children’s World and the platform with panoramic views of more than 500 mountain peaks.
- The Plan de Corones/Kronplatz, South Tyrol’s number 1 ski mountain with more than 110 km of pistes offering all grades of difficulty and great panoramic views, is only 20 minutes away.
- Right beside Bressanone/Brixen is the Plose mountain with the longest downhill run in South Tyrol: 9 km long and covering a difference in altitude of 1,400 metres. The ‘Trametsch‘ is truly a great challenge!
- With the Dolomiti Superski ski pass, you can visit a different ski region every day. 1 (one) ski pass is valid for 12 ski regions and 1,200 kilometres of pistes!
- Night skiing ….. available in most skiing regions!
As you can see, a winter holiday at the entrance of the Puster Valley is worth considering! Here, you will find the best conditions for your ski holiday in South Tyrol.
More winter fun
Winter holidays in South Tyrol Winter enchantment and idyllic landscapes
Besides skiing and snow-boarding, we also recommend…
- Enjoy the pre-Christmas season… at the Christmas markets in the surrounding area! Bressanone/Brixen and Brunico/Bruneck can be reached within 20 minutes. Vipiteno/Sterzing is only 30 minutes away and a trip to Bolzano/Bozen and Innsbruck will take you about an hour. Don’t forget, you also can take the train at Fortezza/Franzensfeste to reach your destination.
- Cross-country skiing: if there is sufficient snow, you can even do this in the village centre. However, there are also Valles/Vals, Maranza/Meransen, the Rodengo/Rodeneck Alm and Terento/Terenten very close by.
- Ski tours in Fleres/Pfunders, at the Picco della Croce/Wild Kreuzspitze, the Cima di Valmala/Wurmmaulspitze, the Astnerberg Alm, as well as night tours with flood-light in Vals.
- Ice-skating on the natural ice rinks of Vallarga/Weitental, Maranza/Meransen and Valles/Vals.
- Toboggan runs can be found in Valles/Vals, Maranza/Meransen, Terento/Terenten and on the Plose mountain. The toboggan run at Fane Alm is particularly beautiful. In Maranza/Meransen, you can choose between the toboggan run and the artificial ice rink.
- New Year’s Day fireworks in Terento/Terenten… On 1st January at 10 p.m., we offer you a very special firework display!